Apr 10, 2010

The Persistence of Memory

(click pic for full resolution)

This is a non-tiling Twitter background; set your background color to white. To see this background live, visit @SideStepsTEST. Note that the background of that account usually changes everyday without notice.

You know, for the life of me, I can't find high-res promotional pics (or even medium quality ones) of Des and Pen at the stadium from "Happily Eve After." I know they're out there, I've seen thumbnails on ABC Medianet, but I've never seen them in galleries or even in recap articles. Anyway, I used this screencap instead. It's from the scene in the episode when the consciousness of Desmond's sideways-self suddenly becomes flooded with images of his life with Penelope.

I spoke earlier about love, and how it's the only life force with the ability to transcend the constrains of the universes we've been presented. Desmond and Penny are living proof, and apparently so are Daniel and Charlotte, and Charlie and Claire. That does make you wonder though, if love is the only thing that can bridge the gap. In "Sundown", we saw Sayid reunite with his multi-universe love, Nadia. Their meeting, ever so tragic and strained, didn't seem to bring up any 'memories' from the original timeline. The same can be said for Locke and Helen, and Jack/Kate/Sawyer (although we don't know that for sure yet). So if love isn't the only thing that triggers it, then what else does? I sure as hell have no idea, so stay tuned, folks, and good day to you all. (There are only seven hours of LOST left)

0 comments:

Post a Comment