(click pic for full resolution)
This is a non-tiling Twitter background; set your background color to black, please. :)
So how'd you like week's episode, "The Substitute"? Pretty snazzy, huh? We finally learned the significance of the numbers. You know them, you love them, and just when you thought knowing what they meant would appease you, they left you with more questions. Questions like these:
- For one thing, where is Kate's name? We know for a fact that Jacob met her when she was only twelve years old, so what's with the exclusion?
- Which one of the Kwons is number 42? Sun or Jin? If it is Jin, would that explain why Kate's name is not numbered? Is there a rule somewhere that says Jacob's successor has to be male?
- Is this generation necessarily the one that is named on the wall? Who's to say that the Shephard listed is Jack, when it could easily mean his father, Christian. After all, we know how in tune he is with the Island. Likewise, Kwon could possibly mean Ji Yeon, who was conceived on the Island in 2004.
- Let's not forget Aaron. Since season one, he's been touted as the golden child, and we've all been waiting to see what the future holds for this kid. He's got the lineage, the Biblical name, and he was born on the Island; just because we don't see his name on the wall doesn't mean it isn't in the cards for him to lead. So, was he excluded?
- There's always the possibility that this could all be a con by the MIB. When you consider what's at stake, it's not hard to believe that all of this is just an elaborate ruse to get people on his side. Are those really Jacob's marks, or are they his? And if they are Jacob's, do they really mean what MIB says they mean?
- And if MIB is telling the truth, then which of the remaining five numbers and their corresponding survivors will be next in line as Island guardian?
- Finally, there's the other numbers. Are 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 the only one's that aren't crossed out at this point? How much are you willing to bet there's a 108 hiding in our midst? Is there a 316 out there, too?
Anyway, that's all for now. Things are getting busy at school, but I'll update when I can.
Tell me in the comments if I made a mistake about those numbers, since I haven't been checking screencaps, so I don't know if there is in fact a 108 or 316. Would be interesting to see who 108 is. Namaste.